The Wine Award of Excellence for Restaurants is an annual award that recognizes leaders in the culinary industry who exhibit strong support of the Ontario South Coast Wineries and high professional standards in wine service.
Who can submit nominations?
- Nominations are open to any restaurant that serves and promotes wine from Ontario’s South Coast
- Anyone can submit a nomination
- You can nominate yourself
How are winners selected?
The winner will be selected by members of the Ontario South Coast Wineries and Growers Association (OSCWGA) Board of Directors. The winner will be announced on Jan. 20, 2016 at the Norfolk County Economic Development Symposium.
The decisions of the judges are final. Submissions must qualify based on the criteria guidelines.
Nomination Deadline: December 31, 2015
What are the benefits of winning the award?
- Recognition for outstanding support of our local wineries
- Promotion of your organization on the OSCWGA website, social media and other marketing materials
- Ability to highlight your award and achievements on your own promotional materials
- Opportunity to gain media coverage which enhances your profile in the community and beyond
- Free one-year OSCWGA membership that entitles you to participate in wine workshops, promotional events and more
- Wine List – Does the restaurant have a creative wine list featuring grape and fruit wines from Ontario’s South Coast? Does the wine list have wines from Ontario’s South Coast on “by the glass” lists. Submit a current copy of the wine list.
- Promotional Activities – Does the restaurant host regular wine dinners and/or wine tastings/events featuring wines from Ontario’s South Coast? Does the restaurant have flight promotions or frequent in-house promotions for wine from Ontario’s South Coast? Does the restaurant promote wines from Ontario’s South Coast online and/or through social media? Explain and provide examples.
- Wine Service and Staff Training – Does the restaurant conduct on-going wine training for staff specific to wine from Ontario’s South Coast? Does the restaurant have a certified sommelier and/or wine educated/certified staff? Does the restaurant conduct supplemental wine education and/or participate in winery tours for front line staff? Explain and provide examples.
- Merchandising – Does the restaurant use menu cards, chalkboard or other point of sale materials to promote wines from Ontario’s South Coast? Does the restaurant showcase Ontario South Coast wines on daily menu and/or pair with menu items? Explain and provide examples.
How to nominate:
To nominate a restaurant please complete the nomination form and mail or fax the nomination to: